Natural Carbon’s vision is that fair nature based markets deliver a habitable climate, healthy biodiversity and sustainable communities. We see ‘fair’ as encompassing the following:
- Integrity and scale – Contributes, at scale, to the achievement of the Paris Agreement; the UN Biodiversity Accord; and sustainable communities.
- Market Participation – Valuing the knowledge of, and actively promoting participation by, First Nations, small landholders and values aligned corporates.
- Properly compensated – Producers who do the work receive the maximum overall % of income for their efforts; and risks are appropriately managed and distributed.
- Active participants – The people doing the work are in control, knowledge is open, accessible, peer driven, uploaded and actively distributed.
Natural Carbon prioritises three main customers:
- The planet and its future generations
- Those who want to participate in nature based markets, especially First Nations and small landholders
- Those who want to invest in high quality nature based assets
Natural Carbon has an excellent reputation as a trusted partner to First Nations communities undertaking savanna burning projects that generate Australian Carbon Credit Units (ACCUs) under the Emissions Reduction Fund.